After the company was founded in 1844, the first few decades in the history of febi bilstein were marked by trade in procured and custom-made metal products.
In 1880 the core business shifted to the production of turned screws and nuts.
The sharp rise in exports led to the creation of company subsidiaries in various key markets.
Spare parts production for trucks began in 1951.
In the 1980s, a broad trading program was set up, which purposefully supplemented the product range from our own production.
Today, febi bilstein distributes more than 34,000 repair solutions for passenger cars and commercial vehicles with the support of 20 foreign branch offices around the world.
Since 2012, the product brand febi has been part of the bilstein group that also anchors other renowned brands under its strong umbrella.