Since it was founded in 1844, Ferdinand Bilstein GmbH + Co. KG has stood for developments in its range of services and changes in sales and logistics while at the same time maintaining continuity in its corporate management.
Ferdinand Daniel Bilstein established the Ferdinand Bilstein company on May 1st 1844.
The range of services at that time was characterised by a classic assortment of tools and equipment for the iron industry.
The production of turned screws, nuts and custom components from 1882 onwards signalled the first changes in the range.
Following development and production of the patented spring bolt from 1921, febi entered the automotive spare parts market and OE equipment for the automotive industry.
The febi spring bolt was presented at the 1921 Automobile Show in Berlin and immediately met with a positive response in the trade press.
Due to the expansion of its trading goods, febi bilstein focused increasingly on the automotive aftermarket and served it with a diverse range of technical wear parts suitable for passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
The following pages contain further information about: