Excerpt from Ferdinand Bilstein's action programme from 1850. A classic assortment of tools and equipment for the iron industry, such as chisels, saws, files, hinges, cutlery, shears, drills, chains and knives.
The company produced turned screws, nuts and custom components in its new buildings on Wilhelmstrasse. (Letterhead 1905)
febi spring bolt - since 1921: The febi spring bolt signalled the company's entry to the automotive spare parts market.
Two different innovations were needed for the truck to assert itself as a means of transport: firstly, the ability to produce loadable pneumatic tyres and secondly suspension of the chassis using leaf springs because unsprung vehicles were totally unsuitable for transporting consumer goods that were sensitive to shocks. febi supplied the suitable bolts.
The febi spring bolt was presented at the 1921 Automobile Show in Berlin and immediately met with a positive response in the trade press.
febi bilstein develops and sells the first repair kits for king pins.
Expansion of the production of passenger car and truck parts for the automotive industry: spring bolt kits, axle bolts, wheel bolts.
Establishment of the independent branch Bilstein & Siekermann GmbH & Co KG in the Eifel.
Ferdinand Hermann Bilstein and Arnold Siekermann established the company in 1956. Construction of the first production hall began in the same year. The company was opened as an ordinary partnership (OHG) in October 1956.
A large number of machines from Ennepetal were relocated there and were used locally for the production of locking screws, nuts and turned parts in the newly constructed machinery hall. Production was expanded with the result that the company increasingly began to produce for well-known automotive companies.
Rolf Bilstein stepped up business with the trade from 1971 onwards. The range of goods was expanded and optimised.